You have no items in your shopping cart.
Top 10 Wifi Do's and Don'ts
Top 10 Wifi Do's
- Have the clearest line of sight possible
- Have a strong receiver
- Have a strong transmitter
- Know your antenna design
- Use an omni-directional for large area coverage
- Use a directional antenna for far reach
- Place antenna as high as possible
- Use the thickest cable possible
- Always go with the shortest cable length for the job
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE SIGNAL!
Top 10 Wifi Don'ts
- Do not let objects get in the way of the signal
- Do not use cheap USB adapters
- Avoid power ratings below 200mW
- Use your omni-directional antenna horizontally
- Do not stand in front of a powerful antenna while it’s on
- Do not hack into secured signals
- Do not use long cables if you can avoid it
- Don’t forget to check your cable connector type (SMA, TNC, N-type)
- Do not use outdoor antennas while indoors
- Do not hesitate to call SimpleWiFi.com for help!